Monday, June 4, 2012

Game of Thrones

So with all this talk of Game of Thrones Season 2 starting, I thought I'd start by reading the books. I'd heard good things about them, too. I'm just under halfway through the first book and I couldn't hold off. I've watched two episodes and I'm so hooked.


Boromir from Lord of the Rings (Sean Bean) is the main character. I'd be hooked with just him, but no. Mark Addy plays the King which is hilarious! But he's really good at it, actually. You know, Full Monty? Fred Flinstone? Him! Peter Dinklage is THE best man for the job of Lord Tyrion. He's an amazing actor and plays the ambiguous character SO well. And we have the Queen. I hate her. She's incestuous, conniving, power hungry and flat out evil. But I've been in love with Lena Headey since I saw her in 300 as King Leonidas' wife. I hate that I hate her! lol I wish they'd made her Lord Stark's wife, Catelyn. Oh, and don't forget the adorable wolves. Yes, adorable. Puppies, really.

So there are the people that make this show easy to get into. But the story is so full of twists and characters it's a bit difficult to follow. And don't get me started on the vocabulary. Totally alien words but once you get into it, it's hard to return to real life.

I will say that it's a good thing my 2yo went to bed when he did. HBO = foul language and NUDITY! I mean, cheese and rice I can do without a lot of it. I guess that's paid TV for you.

If you were unsure before about watching this show or not, you should. I love medieval stories. It's called Game of Thrones because it's what the characters are doing: playing their game of thrones. It's deadly and it's bloody, but it's all about power.

No comments:

Post a Comment