Monday, September 10, 2012

New This Week...


     Well! This past week was anti-climactic to say the least! The principal of the school I chose for my observation hasn’t called me back and I called her last Tuesday. So I’ll be calling her back. I mean, I know the first week of school is busy and all, but I have stuff to do, too! :P In fact, my first observation assignment is due next week! Other than that, everything went along as I’d planned.


Last week I:
-Found an amazing article for my education class. It’s on neuroscience and how teachers can use what we know about it to teach more effectively. I like to think that Susan Niebur (aka @whymommy) would be proud.

-Wrote 3 new poems and even started a new blog for them! You won’t see any links from here, though, because I want to keep it relatively anonymous. I also found my old poetry and I did post that to my poetry group. Let them read my angst from my teen years, hah!

-Practiced my handwriting a little bit every day. It’s slow goings and I haven’t noticed a change yet. But I know that practice makes perfect and eventually my writing will be the way I want it to be!

-Had to cancel Ick’s birthday picnic at the park! It rained for almost 3 days straight so I cancelled the trip to the beach only to have the weather be absolutely perfect and gorgeous. Of course. So it’s for next Sunday and I hope it all works out!

This coming week isn’t really much different except that, well, the weather is changing. Fall is creeping in the way it does on golden velvet feet. Chilly, crisp mornings and bright warm days that turn the leaves yellow, orange and red. Fall is my favorite time of year, even over Christmas! And I do love Christmas! So as I make my way from class to class on campus, and spend the late afternoons out front with Ick, I’ll be watching the leaves and enjoying the shortest season of the year.


This week I:
-WILL get the classroom observation situation clarified

-Will keep up with the potty training.
“Do you need to pee?”
“No!”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes!”
“Do you want to try anyway?”
“I don’t wanna try anyway!”
“Okay, well, let’s go pee!”
“Okay!”
You’d think I’d have learned by now to skip the first three questions, but I think it’s important to get him tuned into his body when it tells him he needs to pee!

-Will do better than last week with my homework. It is after 1 o’clock in the morning and I have only just finished my two assignments that are always due on Monday mornings. Since I technically have this post due every Sunday as well, that’s three things that always need to be done by Sunday night. This past week I really put it all off and I shouldn’t have. My bedtime is 10pm, y’all. Sometimes I make it in there at 8pm so I can read my Xanth novels!


What’s new for your family this week? Do you have any activities that are fall-related? What’s your favorite part about this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment