Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend


So I didn't post about the week on Sunday because I was too busy ignoring any and all responsibilities! Ick and I played with Play-Doh, built train tracks on the train table his aunt and uncle handed down to him from his cousin, and I played EverQuest 2! It's a double-XP weekend, how could I not? Last week was pretty much business as usual. School was school, Ick's still trying to use the toilet instead of his underwear (ew), and well, that's my life right now! Hah... I did, however, watch some clips by a handwriting expert on how to improve your handwriting. I'm trying to get my handwriting under control as far as uniform size and neatness. Oh, and I joined the Education Club at school! They've got some great events this semester and I'm really looking forward to them. But this upcoming week...

-I have to pick an article from a "scholarly journal" for my education class and get it approved by tomorrow! (Yipe!) I'm having a hard time finding anything, so advice is welcome.

-I have to contact an elementary school this week to see about getting placed into a class to observe. I'm really nervous about that!

-I've got a poem to re-write for my poetry group and I still haven't even attempted it!

-Potty training continues! lol

-I'm still practicing my handwriting on a small whiteboard in my bedroom and in a notebook.

I have a lot of school work to do including the article paper, a book report on an educational book written by a teacher, a paper every week for English and my weekly observations of the elementary class. I'm excited, nervous and scared. I'd appreciate good thoughts, good vibes and some prayers sent my way!

I want to say that I'm so thankful that now my stress is coming from school work and potty training rather than from lack of funds just to get by from day to day.

Final note: I will add the handwriting link to my Resources for Teaching page in case you are interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment