Saturday, September 24, 2011

Better Tomorrows

Yesterday I complained about how I couldn't get anything done. No motivation, no time, blah blah blah... Today I woke up at a decent hour which allowed me to have over an hour all to myself while Ick continued to sleep in bed. It helped that I went to bed at a decent hour as well! This did wonders for my personal peace. I know I won't always get that since we share a room for now, but it's wonderful when I do get it. I was able to sit in the quiet and read my daily Bible verses (reading the Bible in 6 months, First and New Testaments at the same time but in order), and daily devotionals.

Ick finally woke up after 11am (holy crap, 13 hours?!) and he 'helped' me wash the dishes. It's a lot easier when I let him 'help' because then he won't stand next to my leg screaming, "Hold you! Hold you! Hold you!" when all he really wants is for me to pay 100% of my attention to him even while he ignores me. He played in the dish water while I tried to wash dishes around him, heh, it was pretty funny and a heck of a lot less annoying than the whining or screaming!

I managed to get a lot done today. Not in a "in the zone, kickin' ass and takin' names, To Do list is fully crossed off" kind of way. More like, "I got nothing accomplished yesterday, but today I feel good, let's see what I can do between quality time with Ick, FB games and Twitter." Sparing you the list of things I did, let's just say, I'm happy with today. There's more on my To Do list but I'm not worried about it.

All cheesiness aside, that little bit of time in the morning to wake up with some coffee and Christ has made a difference. Yes, it was only one day, but when I suddenly have more patience to handle Ick's tantrums, I feel better physically and time seems to pass more slowly it's hard to ignore the proof.

Since time seemed to pass slower than the last few days, it was like I had more time to do what I needed and wanted to do. Y'all, I cooked dinner! I made muffins! Washed dishes! Cleaned off the mountain that used to be the table where my computer sits! Simply a wonderful feeling.

No, life didn't magically get better because I went back to Christ, but I did have the strength to make this day better than yesterday. And the comfort of knowing who to turn to if I just don't have enough and I may need a boost.

So here's to another good day tomorrow.

On a little final note, I'm up late tonight because I finished a new page on my blog! I'd love it if you gave it a little click and perused the short list of Blogs I Love. I know you'll find some wonderful blogs and great folks. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. It truly is an honor to have made the list. Hope you have a great night's sleep. I remember what it was like with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can comment :) Last night it was seriously missing, it wasn't that I was up late and falling asleep on my laptop that I couldn't figure this out! Anyway, I've learned in the past few months how healing sleep is and I mostly make it a priority now. And mornings to myself are so important, that I will wake up early to ensure them. Heading over to your new page...you're making me think of my blog to do list which is just so long and overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki, I love your blog and am happy to share it with everyone!

    Aums Mama, that teeny tiny pencil is evil, it's okay. As for your own blog to do list, I know what you mean. It's hard to decide what's most important and what can wait.

    As for sleep, I love it but don't get as much as I should while I'm unemployed. I'm definitely trying to change that!

    ReplyDelete